Terraria Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Repeated crashes

This worked fine a few months ago but now with a replacement Macbook and everything up to date I get a tonne of lighting engine glitches and crashes. Here are a couple of examples:

I know this is not officially supported but wanted to make someone aware of the issue and see if anyone had an idea on what I might do to solve it.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

What is the model of your new Mac, and is it different to that of the Mac it replaced?

Richard Graham wrote:

What is the model of your new Mac, and is it different to that of
the Mac it replaced?

Hello, it was a long delayed change - I was on 1.2.1 when I last played Terraria on the old mac which was a 15" macbook pro mid 2009 unibody. My new mac is brand new, thanks to insurance, and is a 15" macbook pro retina late 2013.

Rowan Thomas wrote:

Richard Graham wrote:

What is the model of your new Mac, and is it different
to that of the Mac it replaced?

Hello, it was a long delayed change - I was on 1.2.1 when I last
played Terraria on the old mac which was a 15" macbook pro mid 2009
unibody. My new mac is brand new, thanks to insurance, and is a 15"
macbook pro retina late 2013.

Which one though? Can you tell us what the GPU (graphics card) is?

Right:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro
Software: OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

Rowan Thomas wrote:

Right:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro
Software: OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

You'll see where I forwarded your original post into our tracker. I've opened a bug for this issue.

I have the same Mac on my desk (okay, mine is the dual with the Nvidia card in it as well but I can switch to using just the Iris). It's in the middle of downloading a very large game. As soon as it's not busy, I'll have a look at Terraria and see if I can make this happen locally.

I cannot make any promises beyond that at this time.

I'm also using a late-2013 15″ MacBook Pro with an Intel Iris Pro, but Terraria runs perfectly on it. How strange!

The exact specifications of my Mac are as follows:

Model name: MacBook Pro
Model identifier: MacBookPro11,2
CPU name: Intel Core i7
CPU clock rate: 2.3 GHz
GPU name: Intel Iris Pro
GPU maximum VRAM capacity: 1536 MiB
RAM capacity: 8 GiB

Have you tried installing Terraria into a new bottle? I don't know why, but this resolved the problem for a fellow member of Terraria Online, who was unable to play the game due to it rendering distorted graphics. I suspect CrossOver sometimes fails to correctly install .NET Framework 4.0 or XNA Framework 4.0, which can result in applications that depend on them behaving strangely or crashing.

Richard Graham wrote:

Have you tried installing Terraria into a new bottle? I don't know
why, but this resolved the problem for a fellow member of Terraria
Online, who was unable to play the game due to it rendering
[link=http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/how-to-play-terraria-on-os-x.108097/page-6#post-2900407]distorted
graphics[/link]. I suspect CrossOver sometimes fails to correctly
install .NET Framework 4.0 or XNA Framework 4.0, which can result in
applications that depend on them behaving strangely or crashing.

I haven't, which is silly because I've done that once before when I got a different bug sometime back, I'll try that and report back!

Rowan Thomas wrote:

Richard Graham wrote:

Have you tried installing Terraria into a new bottle?
I don't know why, but this resolved the problem for a fellow
of Terraria Online, who was unable to play the game due to it
rendering

[link=http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/how-to-play-terraria-on-os-x.108097/page-6#post-2900407]distorted
graphics[/link]. I suspect CrossOver sometimes fails to correctly
install .NET Framework 4.0 or XNA Framework 4.0, which can result
in
applications that depend on them behaving strangely or
crashing.

I haven't, which is silly because I've done that once before when I
got a different bug sometime back, I'll try that and report back!

We've installed fresh here and it works well so if reinstalling doesn't fix it, post back or open a ticket and we'll do our best to help you!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVXJVNFhhQmVDU2VIV3RGdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9