The Dig Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Known not to work

The game can be purchased and installed without any issue. The game does not launch, however.

Did you try this?
It works for me!

Just did. The single VC++ install fixed all the SCUMM stuff. WOO

No dice for me. You guys running 10.5? I'm on 10.6 now.

Michael Charles Black wrote:

No dice for me. You guys running 10.5? I'm on 10.6 now.

Still running 10.5 for now (I should be receiving my copy of 10.6 on Monday).
Are you using CrossOver Games 8.0.0? Did you follow the link from the second post and follow the instructions from the linked page?
It works in both CrossOver Games 7.2.2 and 8.0.0 for me in Leopard (only problem is I can't get it to play fullscreen).
As soon as I get Snow Leopard, I'll let you know if it's still working.
One last question. Do you have any other Steam games and do they run fine?

OK... here's what you do. :)

CrossOver Games -> Preferences - click Installer assistant and remove checkbox from Hide service packs and dependencies

Configure -> Install Software - install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" into your Steam bottle.

That should fix any SCUMM issues

It runs fine for me and I'm on OS 10.6.1 and running crossover 8.0. It didn't work until I installed those run time libraries but now it runs fine. I got around the small screen size by setting the resolution to 800x600.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHBaVWNLV3daOXFoeHlnaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9