The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mods hate me

After scanning this forum for solutions, nothing worked. I am using steam/crossover.

My mods WILL NOT pop up in the data files in the launcher. I dragged all the mods into my data files folder.
And i am launching under programs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I spent half my day trying to get this working!! haha

You need to copy not only the mod files, but all the data files in to the relevant folders. I.e., in your unzipped mod folder, you may have mod.esp, readme.txt, datafiles
within data files there may be the folders textures, meshes and each could contain folders like a, n, w, x and each of those in turn will contain the data files relevant to the mod. You need to copy the files only into the same directories within the morrowind data files (just the files, do not copy folders into folders).

After that you need to open the morrowind.ini file in a text editor, this file just contains a load of preferences for the game. Scroll to the bottom and then a few lines up there should be some lines saying:

[Game Files]
GameFile0=Morrowind.esm
GameFile1=Tribunal.esm
GameFile2=Bloodmoon.esm

Add to the bottom of this the name of your mod, e.g.

[Game Files]
GameFile0=Morrowind.esm
GameFile1=Tribunal.esm
GameFile2=Bloodmoon.esm
GameFile3=Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm

Ignore the .bsa files as far as I know. Perhaps some mods include one of these?

Save, then it should run.

Note however, that somewhere on you computer, possibly under application support, a copy of this file is made which must be deleted for the edited version to take effect. You will have to do you own research on this. I have got the unofficial patch loading on my macbook, and am about to try out a payload of other mods.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXM4Z01LZVVFNU1LZmZwdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9