The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

ES3 Successfully running with a couple of glitches

I have installed and run ES3:Morrowind on my IMac running Leopard. Before I installed the game I created an XP bottle (which I named Morrowind so I could identify it later) and installed DCOM98 and the HTML application which are part of the Crossover games package (LameDuck download). I then installed ES3 and ran it. There are a couple of graphical issues which occur when I right-click to display the inventory and maps: the character display and the local map are blank with the latter showing only the points of interest around the character as small yellow squares on a black background. These are not show stoppers and I will look further into the set up of the bottle to see if I can fix the issues. The game has crashed once just after my character was killed for the first time, which somehow seemed quite appropriate! Other than this the game has been very stable.

I have the same issues with the character display and maps. Do you find a solution to avoid these ?
When I put on boots of velocity, the entire screen becomes black. I have to remove them.

No luck I am sorry to say. I tried all sorts of tricks after reading comments on the Wine website, but to no avail. The only advice I can give is make sure you make a copy of the bottle before you start changing settings, registers, etc.

I have to admit that I have put Morrowind to one side at the moment and am currently running Baldur's Gate under Crossover and so far it has been running perfectly. I will be retrying Morrowind in the near future.

Good luck!

jipimac wrote:

When I put on boots of velocity, the entire screen becomes black. I
have to remove them.

That's not a bug. It's a feature.

Those "boots of blinding speed" have a magical effect that blinds you 100%, not a Wine problem. You can use the resist magic effect to make it less bad.

This is a great game and it will take over your life if you're not careful. Especially if you get mods working.

Have you managed to overcome the glitches with the map and paper-doll that I mentioned in my original posting?

The latest version of Crossover Games on my Mac has fixed the issues I had with Morrowind except for the following two:

1) The paperdoll figure has now appeared (hooray!) but is upside down (doh!).
2) The sea still looks like it has been set up for Olympic trials with swimming lanes.

I have tried the following registry edits which I found on the Wine website and were supposed to fix the issue:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\Morrowind.exe\Direct3D]
"OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo"
"UseGLSL"="enabled"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\Morrowind.exe\X11 Driver]
"DXGrab"="Y

But my machine (a 2006 Intel Imac running Leopard) then hangs after attempting to leave the hold of the ship after arriving at Morrowind and will not even allow me to force quit the application.

If anyone has any suggestions as to a fix (even just for the paperdoll) I would be grateful.

Thanks

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia0hNR2VMTFRDNGJLVkhVOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9