The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

ES3: Morrowind GotY (UK) Functional in Linux

I was able to successfully install The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (Ubi Soft UK Import Version) in a Win98 bottle on the following machine:

Soyo SY-7ISA+ Intel i815 Motherboard
Intel Pentium III 866 MHz Processor
512 MB SDRAM
PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 AGP 8x 256 MB DDR
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI Sound Card (SB0220)
Samsung CD-RW/DVD Drive Model: TS-H492A/RSWN
Dual Boot openSUSE Linux 10.3/Windows XP Pro SP3
CodeWeavers CrossOver Games for Linux Version 7.1.2

The game version was 1.2.0722. I had my Linux desktop initially set to 16-bit color and 1024x768 resolution, but the game would start with an error message that I needed 32-bit color. After changing the desktop to 24-bit color, I had no problem starting the game. General performance was initially poor regardless of whether I used a virtual desktop or not. The game runs full screen in any event. Reducing the resolution within the game (to 640x480) improved performance substantially. Audio skipping was greatly reduced at lower graphics resolutions. Performance seemed slightly better if a virtual desktop was used. I did see some mild texture issues in the short time I played.

I had no problems applying the Tribunal expansion, and this upgraded the game to Version 1.3.1029. I also had no difficulties in applying the Bloodmoon expansion which upgraded the game to Version 1.6.1820. For the original game and both expansions, I used the autorun method of installation.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1EyS3ZSdk56clJ1bVJmQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9