The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Morrowind ranked gold?

Advocate clocknova ranked TES: Morrowind gold. Mind sharing how? I'm on a 20" iMac with OSX 10.5 and I can get it to load and fire up just great, but it always crashes after about three minutes: screen hang with sound track ongoing. Any clues would be great!

Unfortunatly, this game crash after 3 minutes on Mac (I test on a iMac 24'/ATI)

That's why I set it "Bronze" (as everything else seems perfect...)

Nothing to do for the moment, i.m.h.o.

I'm on ATI video as well; maybe a driver thing? Do ya know what clocknova was running on?

ATI drivers are very bad on MacOS, but i don't know if it is the reason.

And I don't know the platform that use clocknova.

I don't know why you guys are having problems. I'm running it on an early '08 MacBook Pro, NVIDIA 8600m GT w/512 MB VRAM, OS X 10.5. Anything more specific I can tell you? Perhaps it's an issue with the latest version of CX Games. I've played Morrowind with version 7.2, but not as extensively. When I have more time, I'll do a complete reinstall of Morrowind and see what happens.

What do you have in your bottle, clocknova? Another guy who ran successfully had C++ 6.0 redistributable, I think, but mine just has the Crossover HTML. Hmmm. Can I find that somewhere?

Just played for about 20 min with no troubles. I don't think I have anything special installed in the bottle. Of course, I'm using the DVD GOTY edition, not the Steam edition, if that matters. Maybe when I have more time I'll do a complete reinstall.

Hmmm. What's your graphics pkg? I'm on an ATI card in an XP bottle. CX Pro goes further before it crashes, but i'm talking 5 min longer. Often can still hear the sounds in the background so not a complete hang, but definitely graphics oriented.

As I said above, its an NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600M

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieXhWeEpCOENMSnNyWnVRdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9