The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouse Problems

Morrowind seems to have installed just fine, but when I load it up, the mouse never works. To be more specific, I can move it, but it jumps almost immediately to the bottom of the screen. I'm using one of the new MacBook Pros, with Snow Leopard installed. I'll be happy to post more info about my set up as needed.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

[Edit]I think I've fixed it; the problem has not yet occurred in windowed mode. I'd still appreciate any thoughts on why this happens.[/edit]

I have the same problem in fullscreen and windowed mode!

Yeah i just wanted to add that i too have this problem in fullscreen mode. But every time i try windowed i get an error stating Render Creation Error. I've already seen the other thread concerning this problem, but it has no solution yet either.

i have the exact same problem, i dont know why they have it on Silver, i bought it expecting it to work :p

I am also having this problem... the game works okay, so long as you don't touch your mouse button .... which is fine so along as you don't need to look around or change direction! as soon as you press the mouse button though, it zooms to the bottom of the screen... does any one have any suggestions? Also, how do i run it in 'windowed' mode?
cheers!

Anyone had any luck fixing this?

Ok fixed it.

Goto

CXG Menu > Programs > Run command > type regedit

Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Bethesda Softworks > Morrowind

Then change screen height and screen width to your native screen resolution (e.g. H 800 W 1280). The mouse seems to work fine now.

My iMac is 1920x1080 and that is not an option on the options menu

I found a solution, although you have to be content with windowed mode:

Go to configure/manage bottles
click on control panel and then double click on wine configuration
click on the graphics tab and check the 'emulate a virtual desktop' box.
click 'ok'

and then try running it.
worked for me.

good luck!

Hi all,

I just installed Morrowind on Crossover Games 10.1 onto a brand new Mac Mini with the Nvidia 320M graphics card, and ran into this mouse problem.

After fiddling with the settings a little, I found a very strange (but apparently effective) way to get around the problem: in the Wine Configuration panel, there are settings to "allow the window manager to decorate the windows", and "allow the window manager to control the windows"; if you turn those off, the mouse problem goes away. Moreover, if you only turn one of the two off, the mouse problem goes away; it doesn't matter which one you un-check. The problem only shows up when both are checked.

Could the two window manager settings actually conflict with one another? Strange.

I've only tested this when running fullscreen (I don't seem to be having the problem with windowed mode).

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0VQcUYyVGdhMkZLQnBVUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9