The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Main Menu text invisible, game freezes

Hey guys,

I've installed Skyrim in CrossOver 11.0.2 via the provided CrossTie and I'm unable to play the game. It all goes smoothly until I start the game and reach the main menu (screen is mostly black, mist coming up from the bottom and the Dragonborn(?) symbol on the left side of the screen). The main menu text is invisible; hitting Enter on the keyboard makes the normal sound, so the game is definitely responding etc.

Hitting Enter twice should continue from the last save (I think), but once I do this the game completely freezes and I have to force shutdown the bottle to close everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I understand that Skyrim is a particularly complicated game and that the game support is Bronze at the moment, but it would be fantastic if I could get some help with this.

Cheers,

Marc

I had this problem, too, but turning Shadows to Medium, as suggested somewhere else on the forum (I can't remember where) solved it for me.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWE5xUzlmYkpmN1JkbmVQVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9