The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouselook no 360 degree

I installed Skyrim via the suggested way, and it works fine so far, except for one really annoying thing: the mouse look does not work with 360 degree, I can only look around with about 160 degree, and then the mouse seems to reach some edges, at the left and the right. This makes it really hard to play. I googled a bit and found some people with the same problem, but no solution.

My system: Macbook Pro 5.1, 8 GB RAM, NVidia 9600M, Mountain Lion, Crossover 11.2.

I hope that someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Marcus

Long story short, 360 degree mouse look is flat-out broken in Crossover 11.x with Skyrim. If you play Skyrim using Crossover Games 10.3.0, you will have 360 degree mouse look. Licensed users can find Crossover Games 10.3.0 in their "Archived Downloads" page on our website:

http://www.codeweavers.com/account/downloads/?_dl=archive

After installing Crossover Games, you can just copy your Skyrim bottle over from

/Users/[user]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/

to

/Users/[user]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/

Upon launching CX games, the bottle will be recognized, and you'll be able to launch Steam from the Programs menu of CX Games and play Skyrim while being able to turn all the way around.

However if you're on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), this isn't an option because no version of Crossover earlier than 11.1.0 will work on Mountain Lion. We're working to determine why this happened, and how to fix it for an update.

Just adding my two cents here - same issue. iMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7, ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB, 10.8.2, Crossover 11.2.2. Runs ok otherwise, but you can't get too far without 360 mousing. I have tried using variants of Wine and with 10.8.2 there is no joy- Crossover seems to be the best option out there.

Our CrossOver 12 beta should solve this issue for you. If you are not in our beta program and want to be to play Skyrim, let us know.

The mouselook is solved by enabling the experimental (but, for Skyrim, better-functioning) "IMG" driver in the bottle manager's 'Advanced' tab. A fresh install of Skyrim with the 12 beta will do this by default, but it can be done for existing installs as well.

If you are interested in the beta, ask for beta access, try it out, and let us know how it works!

I tried it in the BETA and yep, it works. 😊
I can turn 360 degrees again!

Any chance I could get beta access? Thanks!

Just download from the link with the sticky post at the top of this forum (the skyrim forum on our web-site) ... there should be a link there!

I can confirm that Crossover beta 12 solves the 360 mouse look issue. I've been able to play Skyrim just fine on 10.8.2.

When I launch the Crossover beta 12 application it says it will expire in 14 days. Will we see an official release before then?

Thanks!

I can confirm that the mouselook issue is now fixed for me, running Skyrim under CrossOver 12.0 (with the experimental Mac driver enabled) on my MacBook Pro.

Awesome work guys!

Robert Epps wrote:

I can confirm that the mouselook issue is now fixed for me, running
Skyrim under CrossOver 12.0 (with the experimental Mac driver
enabled) on my MacBook Pro.

Awesome work guys!

Thanks!

Believe it or not, fixing this problem with Skyrim involved months of re-working wine and also required the creation of an entirely new component of wine & CrossOver.

Glad it works for you!

The 360 degrees works for a minutes and then stopped working. Is there a setting I need to change? How do I fix it?

I still have problems with the mouse and not being able to look 360 degrees.

10.8.2, Mac Pro, Crossover 12 and 12.1 has the same problem.

Carl B wrote:

I still have problems with the mouse and not being able to look 360
degrees.

10.8.2, Mac Pro, Crossover 12 and 12.1 has the same problem.

Are you certain you are using the "Mac Driver" in your Skyrim bottle?

I get this problem but on my Fedora 18 PC with the lastest updates, running Crossover 12.2.1. The graphics work fine and if I tab into the menu the cursor moves across the full screen.

In the advanced tab there is no option to change the driver. I have tried changing the "Automatically Capture the Mouse in Full Screen Mode" but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

1 to 14 of 14

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1UyRnhBYXBtVkNFRXBXUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9