The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Shader Model 3.0 issue

Hello,

I'm trying to get Skyrim to run on my MacBook Pro, which has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB graphics card. I previously had Windows installed via Bootcamp, and was able to run Skyrim perfectly well. Now that I'm using CrossOver, it gives me a warning after launching the game that says that Shader Model 3.0 is required/is not compatible. What can I do to fix this?! I haven't changed any of the hardware on my MacBook and was able to run it before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeromy wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to get Skyrim to run on my MacBook Pro, which has an
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB graphics card. I previously had
Windows installed via Bootcamp, and was able to run Skyrim perfectly
well. Now that I'm using CrossOver, it gives me a warning after
launching the game that says that Shader Model 3.0 is required/is
not compatible. What can I do to fix this?! I haven't changed any of
the hardware on my MacBook and was able to run it before. Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Try setting UseGLSL to "disabled" (without the quotes) and see if that makes a difference.

You may use this support article as a reference: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/cxgamesmac_enableglsl

Kind Regards,
Brandon

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVnhhenpHUUFTTm5ZQTlKWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9