The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver Beta solves mouselook issue on Mac?

We believe that the 360-degree mouselook issue in Skyrim has been resolved in our latest beta, CrossOver 12.

In order to have the good mouselook, it is necessary to run Skyrim with the experimental driver listed in the 'Advanced' tab of the 'Manage Bottles' window.

If you play Skyrim, we would love your feedback on how it is working with the experimental driver!

If you want to play Skyrim on the CrossOver 12 Beta, you can download the beta from here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/duboisj/cxbeta/

... and use this key

trybeta

to access the beta. Again, for existing Skyrim installs, you will have to go to the 'Advanced' tab of our 'Manage Bottles' dialog and enable the experimental IMG driver.

CrossOver 12 will be have an official release in a few weeks. For now, for our Skyrim fans, try with the beta and let us know how it works!

Cheers!

Hi, I enabled the experimental drivers with the beta and no mouselook issue anymore! The only problem is my arrow keys are not working so I can't move my player at all! Any ideas? I'm playing on a mid-2010 27" iMac running Lion 10.7.4 (because I've been using Crossover Games 10.2).

I'm also experiencing load times on average about 5x longer than Crossover Games 10.2

I can confirm that loading sometimes takes a fairly long time. Doesn't always happen, but sometimes it drags on for minutes. This is on an ssd-only machine, with 8gb ram and a 560gtx video card.

I can now successfully look 360 degrees with experimental drivers. All is well but with slight complications. I can see my OS X cursor alongside the crosshairs and in game cursor, and they are not in sync. Which is playable, but slightly annoying.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRzRiRkdjZVBRbVRNNkdnNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9