The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How do you install Skyrim with steam from the disk?

How do you install with steam from the disk?

I tried installing from the disk once before using the officially supported Skyrim optimiser from the install software list and it completely trashed the steam client and I had to delete the entire steam bottle and start from scratch! On the steam support website, it has these instructions for installing from the retail disk (it's ridiculous!): https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5357-FSQM-0382

Can this be done with crossover's Run command tool to the same effect? How would I specify the DVD drive?

It should be doable in theory. Be sure to select the correct bottle. You can find out the dvd drive letter with winecfg, which you can open by entering "winecfg" without the quotes as command to run. Alternatively you can open winecfg from the bottle manager.

You can also try to use Z:\Volumes\DVD_Name as install source. Replace "DVD_Name" with the label of your disk of course.

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwNGkw-CO58

i have the same issue. i got as far as entering the activation code that comes with the box? claims the activation code is alreadu registered with a steam account? what am i doing wrong? any help would be great thanks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN1N1VFBOV3Vxek1UTXd3NyIsImdkcHIiOjB9