The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mods?

I'm curious as to if anyone has gotten mods to work? Specifically ones that require SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender). Also, I wonder if anyone has gotten Nexus Mod Manager to work as well.

I've installed a few mods that were available through Steam. They all worked great.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/browse/?appid=72850&browsesort=toprated

I've found this is the cleanest and simplest way to get mods in.

Hi,
I am using SkyUI which requires the SKSE. Had no problems whatsoever. It runs just fine.

How about mods outside of Steam's workshop like Nexus?

I can't seem to find any data folders other than the savegame. no meshes or .esm files or anything. Where would these files be located when using CrossOver and steam?

Not sure if you're still looking but inside your steam bottle in the steam folder there'll be a folder called SteamApps. Inside that is common inside that is your Skyrim install. As for nexus. All of my mods are from nexus and they work beautifully. :D

How did you install SKSE, though?? And I can't even find the bottle. Noob, I know.

When I open up Finder, where do I find the bottle?

For SKSE, you can download the .exe installer from here: http://skse.silverlock.org (installer link)

Once that downloads, install it like you would other any other windows installer using crossover, but make sure your select the Steam/Skyrim bottle to install it to.

Try looking for your Skyrim folder at this path (assuming the Bottle you installed to is called "Steam"):

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Steam/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim

(I'm pretty sure I installed using the crosstie)

Side note - I had to reinstall due to the crossover 14 upgrade, and found that SKSE would no longer work after a successful install - however, I was adding the skse_launcher.exe to the crossover apps via the run command... interface.

What worked was using the run command... interface to run the shortcut that the SKSE installer creates in the crossover user's desktop folder

~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Steam/drive_c/users/crossover/Desktop/Skyrim (SKSE).lnk

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid1RrdGhHZUVMMlBjV1pZViIsImdkcHIiOjB9