The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver 13 + 2013 rMBP with NVIDIA 750M + OS X Mavericks

For reference: Skyrim seems to work mostly well on a late-2013 15" retina MacBook Pro with the discrete GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M), running OS X Mavericks. At 2880x1800 resolution the framerate was too low (unsurprisingly), but I'm now running at 1440x900 at the Medium group of video settings, and only rarely does the framerate drop so I notice. (I'm not a hardcore gamer, so my standards may be low.)

The only bug I've noticed is that when exiting the game, it instantly hangs (not appearing to accept any input, and not updating the screen). From there, I am able to Cmd-Tab back to Steam (running in the same bottle, I think?), and can force-quit Skyrim with no apparent side-effects.

I think the hang on exit is caused by the Dawnguard DLC. There are complaints about this on Windows as well, although I could not reproduce it on Windows myself.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

I think the hang on exit is caused by the Dawnguard DLC.

Possible — I got the "Legendary" Skyrim + all DLC pack on Steam.

I've got the early '13 MacBook Pro with the 650m and it runs like a charm on medium settings. Saw the legendary edition on sale on Steam for 75% off, instantly bought it. I've got around 80 mods installed and so far everything works fine. Occasionally the game freezes up, but that's due to a mod conflict or something.

Mine doesnt work at ALL. i have a desktop computer with OSX 10.9 and i cant play skyrim. Downloaded it and everything, followed the instructions perfectly, and yet every time i try to open it, it just closes again. help please

and of course its bought with steam, and it was working fine for a couple of months and then BAM. one day it just stopped working

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNVNwNWdMa3BjbUp5U1R5YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9