The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Graphics Stuttering

Been having a few issues of my own whenever I move the mouse that the whole screen seems to 'stutter'. It freaks out, but when I hold the mouse still nothing is otherwise wrong. I tried riding a horse and the whole thing just kept on happening. Any fixes for this available, or even just an explanation?

I've simply got the 21" Imac with lots of space on it and this otherwise shouldn't be happening >.<

If you're using Crossover 13 or later you may try disabling the option called "performance enhanced graphics". It can be found in the Advanced tab of the Skyrim bottle, after opening the bottle manager.

I tried that and the use of the Legacy X Windows System, and when I applied the Legacy to it it seemed to work however it has crashed numerous times when I've hit the Q key. It doesn't crash every time I hit the Q key but it continued to do so after all seemed well. Anyone have a solution to this problem now? >:

Ugh, that's a weird bug. So it crashes when you try to bring up the favorites menu...Do you run the game with any mods?

I actually went ahead and took all the mods off to see if that helped any, nothing changed from what I could tell. And it's not just trying to bring up the Q key, I tried it a few more times and it just crashes after a while if you press any key. IT's almost like it's taken it's fill on the Legacy system and can't stand running anymore after a certain period of time. The game doesn't crash when I take the legacy system off, but even with the performance enhancing grpahics disabled the graphics are still 'stuttering' >: It's so confusing >.<

Hmm I'm trying to look at various specs for 21" iMacs but there are quite a few of them according to this page:

How to identify iMac models

Uhm. Even the current generation of 21" iMacs has two models. One with just the Intel integrated graphics and another one with an nVidia mobile GPU (the GT 750M)

Could you can tell us more info about your iMac?

If it's the one with just the Intel integrated stuff maybe lowering the resolution could help.

Says it's got the NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB For the graphics. Hope that helps.

I suggest to try a lower resolution. At very least this will show if the problem is on the CPU or GPU side.

Ok... I'm looking at the Tips & Tricks section. Have you tried anything from there? I think these might apply:

Close Steam and then go to Programs>Run Command, select the Skyrim
bottle, enter regedit in the Command: field and press Run.

Within regedit, browse to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D

in here, add a new string value called "VideoMemorySize" and
set it to "512".

If this has no effect, you might try going to back and setting
"VideoMemorySize" to "1024".

Should look like what's underlined with red in the picture below:

and this:

Turning off the 360 controller option in the settings menu if you
aren't using one. This gives the game a big performance boost.

Lowering the game's resolution and/or graphical details might also help. the GT 640M does not have all that much "oomph".

If neither of these tips work you can try asking for help from the staff via the ticket system.

Seems that the combining of lowering the resolution/graphics and the video memory size tip seems to have fixed the issue thus far. Thank you all very much for helping me ^.^

Awesome. Have fun!

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUkxiUUNjUXdMeW5jMmJ1YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9