The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Won't let me run installed software, and when I can, just blank screen for skyrim

I have the latest version of crossover, and am doing everything right, but when I try to run it, I have to re install it. And I already installed it. This has happened every time I try to use skyrim, and there is no option to run installed software.

Also, when I do manage to get in (which has happened 2 times out of my 30 attempts), it loads the Bethesda logo, and then just a black screen.

Please help.

Are you sure it's trying to re-install Skyrim and not something like DirectX? Is this the Steam version?

Can you give more details about your machine's technical specifications(OS, amount of RAM, CPU, video adapter, if on linux include info about the video driver too)?

Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Operating System: OSX 10.9
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

I'm running a Mac, and using the Steam version.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNG1lbnlzdjlNUmN4Sk1lWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9