The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game won't run from launcher

I installed Skyrim as the tutorial video instructed, but I'm having an issue running the actual game.

I can run the Skyrim Launcher, but when I press "play," nothing seems to happen. Subsequent attempts to run the game yield an error from Steam: "app already running."

When I try to run TESV.exe via the "run command" menu, I get this error message:

'The command "/Users/vincentmarocco/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/TESV.exe" returned 148.'

Here are my specs:

Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Crossover Version 13.1.3.27712

I would appreciate your help with this.

Do I have to pay 20 bucks to have this question answered?

Well first of, if the game is mentioned as already running you need to kill the old process before any further testing can be done.

It may not be a complete answer, but I would recommend you kill the process TESV.exe, SkyrimLauncher.exe before proceeding. It might be easier though if you simply used the crossover tool GUI options to kill the entire bottle, restarting everything. As I said though, this may not be an answer to your specific issue, but it needs to be done before you retry anything.

Unfortunately I have no idea what could be wrong here. I've seen problems with Skyrim exiting (Dawnguard DLC...), but I've never seen problems with starting it.

It also happens on my skyrim, but my OS is linux. The weird thing is that the game used to run smooth and without any issue until one day. I think it may be related with a crossover update? Or may be a steam update? The issue started the fisrt days of March (2015).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWDI3VE5tSE1OQUZXdXl4ZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9