The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Trouble opening steam/skyrim
Jerome Wilshank
Posted 2015-04-04 21:57
So once I get on crossover I have no way to to access steam/skyrim like I was able to before. I use to have a program that would open it for me, but now I'm forced to keep on installing the windows application to open steam. Another problem I've been facing is that when I try to increase to performance of skyrim by going to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D" there seems to be no Direct3D folder in wine. I'd also like to know if there are different ways to make skyrim and steam run more smoothly cause when I do manage to get it up its just far too slow for me to manage unlike what I had before.
Stefan Dösinger
Stefan Dösinger  Staff Member
Posted 2015-04-05 17:26
Are you using Mac or Linux? It sounds like there's a problem creating start menu entries / application launchers.

Regarding the Direct3D key: Just create it with a right click -> new key.
Jerome Wilshank
Posted 2015-04-05 20:39
Thanks, I have the first problem solved and I was able to get the direct3D key. I'd like to know how I could make the game run better than it is now. Its really laggy from the start and hard to get around in it. I have a mac with 4 GB of memory. I just like some tips on how I could easily fix this.
Stefan Dösinger
Stefan Dösinger  Staff Member
Posted 2015-04-09 04:37
There's no easy way to boot performance unfortunately. If there were, we would already have activated it.

What in-game settings do you use, which graphics card and CPU do you have (matters a lot more than RAM), and what's the framerate you get?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTA5MDI4MzM5fQ==