The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trouble opening steam/skyrim

So once I get on crossover I have no way to to access steam/skyrim like I was able to before. I use to have a program that would open it for me, but now I'm forced to keep on installing the windows application to open steam. Another problem I've been facing is that when I try to increase to performance of skyrim by going to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D" there seems to be no Direct3D folder in wine. I'd also like to know if there are different ways to make skyrim and steam run more smoothly cause when I do manage to get it up its just far too slow for me to manage unlike what I had before.

Are you using Mac or Linux? It sounds like there's a problem creating start menu entries / application launchers.

Regarding the Direct3D key: Just create it with a right click -> new key.

Thanks, I have the first problem solved and I was able to get the direct3D key. I'd like to know how I could make the game run better than it is now. Its really laggy from the start and hard to get around in it. I have a mac with 4 GB of memory. I just like some tips on how I could easily fix this.

There's no easy way to boot performance unfortunately. If there were, we would already have activated it.

What in-game settings do you use, which graphics card and CPU do you have (matters a lot more than RAM), and what's the framerate you get?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGhtVFlQVFBmcEZhUFJZSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9