The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Skyrim a bit too frozen...

I managed to get Skyrim running to some extent with a demo of Crossover 13.2. My Mac looks like this:

V 10.6.8
2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 120
VRAM: 256 MB

I didn't have the highest expectations, but I managed to get through the whole "Unbounded" quest on Low settings without trouble, and it didn't look too bad considering the low settings. Now out in the open world however, it only takes a few minutes of running, particularly to a river, for it to irreparably freeze. (I've tried it many times) The music and sound go on as normal, but video is completely frozen. The only way out is to force quit, no error report follows. Is it silly to hope for better results considering my computer specs, or is there a way to fix this and get the game to work better? I got my hopes up after the success of the first quest, now I'm not sure...

P.S. I would have posted this via the "support ticket system" but as I am only trying out crossover with a demo right now I don't seem to have access to that.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlg2TTk4V3U3QTRURk5xeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9