The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Skyrim exits when it should show the main menu, but first run worked

I successfully managed to install Skyrim with Crossover, set up hardware and even load and start a save game directly after installation. But when I started Skyrim the second time Skyrim just quit wordless when the main menu should have been displayed, and it remains like this. No error message.

I tried several things like disabling Steam Overlay, set to low hardware settings, window mode, but nothing helped. I hope there are some registry setting or other tweaks to get it working.

CrossOver Version 15.2 (15.2.0.29675) on Mac Mini (late 2012), 16GB RAM, i7.

Ok, it was a problem with a mod that had missing dependencies. Skyrim works great now, finally I can play it on my Mac! So great!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV0FVdUt1eGFXNXE0NzZBdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9