The Legend of Heroes VI "Sora no Kiseki" Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need help. Falcom Legend of Heroes "SORA NO KISEKI" FC

Hi,
I am using the crossover games 9.2.0 to play the Falcom The legend of heroes "SORA NO KISEKI" FC, which is a community support app. After the the windows wizard says the install is completed, the crossover says the install is not completed. I skipped the step.When I try to run the game, it says "There is no windows program configure to open this type of file."
How can I solve it? And why the game has to be installed in the win2000 bottle??
Many thanks.

Are you playing the Japanese game? If so your system will need to be set to Japanese locale to be able to properly install and run the game.

We have just found that it worked very well in a win2000 type of bottle.

Hi, do you mean that I have to set Japanese to my primary language in international section of the preference?
Thank you !

Hi, do you mean that I have to set Japanese to my primary language in international section of the preference?
Thank you !

Are you using Mac or Linux?

Yes, try that and see if it helps.

-aric

I am using a mac. Now it is mac os x 10.6.4.
I have Japanese in my language list. I don't know whether changing its position in the list can do anything. I cannot read Japanese at all, so I am not gonna move it to the top...
Thank you.

Are you sure it is really the language problem?
Because it says "There is no windows program configure to open this type of file." , when try to run the .exe.
Thank you!

Is the version you are running in Japanese? If you are trying to play the Japanese version of the game it will look very poor if we get it working and your system is not in Japanese.

Could you do this for me.

select the menu Programs->Run Command... then expand the Debug Options.

Select the bottle you installed the game into and click Open Shell.

wait for the terminal window to open and Inititlaize then inside that terminal window type.

wine uninstaller --list

tell me what the output is.

the try

wine --cx-app ED6_WIN

if that works then the issue is probibly that the link was created incorrectly for some reason.

I guess it is a English version or a Chinese version.

Is this what you want?

Yusun-Xias-MacBook-Pro:drive_c Yusun$ wine uninstaller --list
LG_ED6_CN_is1|||¡¶Ó¢ÐÛ´«Ëµ6¡·¼òÌåÖÐÎÄ°æ Ver.0.05.1107
Chinese Arphic font|||Chinese Arphic font Ming style
CXHTML|||CrossOver HTML engine
UmeFonts|||梅フォント
Yusun-Xias-MacBook-Pro:drive_c Yusun$

Ok i see what i was looking for LG_ED6_CN_is1.

did

wine --cx-app ED6_WIN

work?

It says

wine:error: could not find 'ED6_WIN' in '/Users/Yusun/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/japan/drive_c'. Is it installed?
Yusun-Xias-MacBook-Pro:drive_c Yusun$

the Japanese version installs into FALCOM/ED6_WIN

can you look and see if you can find where the game installed to? It sounds like it has a different exe name also. I wonder why the Chinese version is so very different.

It is in Program files/ED6_CN

Ok great. What exe files are in there? I am guessing ED6_CN.EXE but I am not sure.

once you find the exe name try running it using

wine --cx-app <exe.name>

There is no .exe file in /Users/Yusun/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/japan/drive_c'
Should it be the one in /Applications/Crossover games??

GuyHoeffler wrote:

There is no .exe file in /Users/Yusun/Library/Application
Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/japan/drive_c'
Should it be the one in /Applications/Crossover games??

No, in Program files/ED6_CN.

I installed via c4p again, but there is still no .exe file in that folder.
Confusing...

1 to 17 of 17

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNHhhMjk3NWZROWVGVFpwcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9