The Master Genealogist 7 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TMG7.04 in CrossOver 12.1.0: Fonts appear as expected

TMG7.04 installs in CrossOver 12.1.0 with the fonts all showing as they should - that problem has been solved/
This was installed using the C4P noted as "The Master Genealogist 8", by changing the downloaded application to tmg7setup.exe. TMG8 will not install because of issues with the installer, noted elsewhere. (I think you will find that if you ask for a download you will get TMGv704 and NOT TMG8 as you would expect. If you wish to try installing TMG8 you will have download & install it independenly.)

Install TMG704 as above. Initially you will see no fonts but then click Install Software and add MS OLE components from Service Packs & Upgrades after that the fonts will appear.

An error message "Cannot run Unicode version of ATL.DLL on Windows 95. Please install correct version" appeared but I continued and it seemed to have no effect as I was running TMG704 in WinXP bottle.

As far as I could see TMG was working as expected. TMG 8 still refuses to install as the graphical installer hangs. VCF works fine.

Ian

Ian,
I am new at this. I'm trying to get my TMG7 working on my iMac via Crossover.
I installed it and all seems well except none of my input data is visible. I found your message but cannot locate a file called "MS OLE components" anywhere including in "Service Packs & Upgrades."

I'm probably missing something, but can't figure it out. Any help or suggestions?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1JBbVhWQjR3VEJ3Zm5FcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9