The Master Genealogist 7 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

The Master Genealogist 7.04 with Crossover 9.0.1: Major problem - SOLVED

The problem below is solved by making sure that you install the tahoma fonts by using Install "Unsupported Application> Other Application" from within Crossover. This puts the ttf files in the correct place. If you just run the program tahoma.exe from "Manage Bottles>Run Software" command as I did at first then it does not seem to put these files in the correct place. It causes other problems as well. Running other installation files like mdac_typ.exe directly cause me permissions problems in Linux.

I found that if I upgraded a TMG704 installation which was working in Cx 8.0 then it worked fine in Cx 9.0.1. (I am not sure whether the original installation was made in Cx 8 or it might have been 7). I am using Mint9 which is basically Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS.
However, if I tried to install TMG in a fresh WinXP making all the necessary changes to dll to make them native as detailed here: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=874;forum=1;msg=28168 then the program installed and would run. Sadly, there was no font on any of the person program screens. The background colours showed but the font which should be tahoma, which was installed, was invisible. However, these were OK on Tree and other views.
I copied all the files from a Cx v8 bottle to the new v9 bottle. The program ran but with the same problem with the invisible font. I am not sure what this means.
I ran everything from the terminal and there were no error messages at all.

PS VCF appeared to work OK, and all other components seemed to be working.

Ian, the same invisible font problem occurs in Windows XP.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYXo3SmhnODltWEVOSGJmUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9