The Master Genealogist 7 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TMG 7.04 - Glitch After Updating to Crossover 9.2.0

I updated my Crossover 2 days ago to 9.2.0 (I believe I was running 9.0.1 before). Whereas my TMG 7.04 program was running quite well before it now has no text/fonts in the "person" window. I am running an iMac with Snow Leopard Mac OSX 10.6.4 and I have my TMG installed in a Windows XP Bottle. How do I solve this problem - any ideas?

Hi,

I did the C4P profile for this app, but I see I haven't included the
corefonts dependency (perhaps not required previously, but things change)

Could you please try installing the 'Core Fonts' package into your TMG
bottle and report back if it helps any? This package is available in the
'Runtime Support Components' area of the CX installer GUI...if it helps,
I'll add it to the C4P make-up...

Cheers!

I have a similar problem. I am new to Crossover and my main reason for trialing it is to get TMG running on my Mac. Having followed the instructions to install Crossover and a windows application, I have TMG launching OK but the two small boxes above the tag box are empty (no person name or column labels), all the column labels are missing and trying to alter anything in preferences just results in text being removed from the screen and the background colours being replaced with a pattern.
TMG is in a winxp bottle. It failed to install IE7. Snow Leopard 10.6.5
I'm a little overwhelmed and don't know what to do next. Btw, Core Fonts are installed.

Any advice gratefully received.

Alison

Update: Two reinstalls later, things are looking better! On the final install, IE7 finally installed without a hitch.

Launching TMG I now get all the text showing and the column labels. I haven't yet gone into preferences or done any other configuring - fingers xed all will be good. I'll post again if anything goes awry - no news is good news 😊

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUDVrczRlNGZIdlE0RVN5RiIsImdkcHIiOjB9