The Master Genealogist 7 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TMG7.4 inCrossover 9.2.0 host Mint9 (similar to Ubuntu 10.04

I have just tested installing the following:
The Master Genealogist 7.04 using the c4p file with Crossover V9.2.0 in Mint9 which is based on Ubuntu 10.04.
As far as I could see everything appeared to work, immediately, including Visual Chart Form.

To print, you need to from menu File>Setup Printer>Setup your printer. Leaving Windows Default printer ticked does not work.

If you see the first TMG screen with missing text then you will need to load Tahoma font which is needed, or arrange an alternative as described in 2.

Tahoma font in a fresh install of Crossover 9.2.0 in a new user account was in my system is in /home/ian/cxoffice/share/wine/fonts/. If you see blank entries when TMG loads, Tahoma may not be installed, then you may have to do one of these.

1. Obtain a copy of tahoma.exe which will install this font. Install tahoma fonts from Cx Unsupported Application>Other Application.
  2. Find ~/.cxoffice/TMG704/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/The Master Genealogist v7/app.ini and alter [Fonts] ListFontName=Tahoma so that Tahoma reads Impact. You will see the effect of using an unusual Linux font at once. Probably there are better fonts to choose for actual work. Note if you install tmg for multiple users app.ini will be elsewhere. The copy in the Program Files is not used so don't alter it.)
    It may be required to install windings fonts, that used to be the case with cx 7 but it seems OK without in cx 9, I'm not sure.

If the font do not show properly in Details window under persons. Try setting oleaut32.dll to native.
(Manage Bottles>Control Panel>Wine Configuration . Select Applications tabs and Default, then go to Libraries tab and set oleaut32 to Native.)
See http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12320 for more details of a bug in oleaut32.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSng3OG5BRW03cnNBdXIyWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9