The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Monkey does not start....

Here we go, on both my systems (a Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo and a Mac Pro early 2009 - ati 4870 both equipped with Snow Leopard and Crossover Games 8.0.0) Steam installs without issues, I can dl Monkey, prepare for lunch and then nothing happens... it starts the loading window stating the game is preparing to launch and then just disappears....

any ideas? am I doing something wrong? should I put some starting line?

thank you all for the help!!!!

Ciao

M

Have you installed the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" package?

It is not installed by default for Steam when using the Crossover Games installation wizard, but you can easily find it in its list. Without it, I remember I had the exact same issue. Just add it to the appropriate bottle and give the game another try.

Ciao Oscar,

thanks for the tip, indeed I have glanced at the Q&A and forums and found out about it, but at fisrt nothing worked and then tried with another bottle and realized that creating the former one I flagged by mistake "Vista".... and now, after installing everything it works like charm!

Thank you again and well, case solved!

M

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiemV5blhtSGZyc3hCTXNaOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9