The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crash soon after Lucasarts screen

I had a great headache in avoiding a crash that would reliably occur soon after the Lucasarts screen is shown. I have since found that the root of the problem for me was that the game was not being told the correct size of my VRAM. I solved the problem by opening regedit (for the bottle in question) and creating the keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER+-Software+-Wine+-Direct3D then adding a REG_SZ "VideoMemorySize" (don't include the quotes) with a value equal to the available VRAM in megabytes.

This solved similar crashes in a number of games, such as Civ4.

I still have awful audio stuttering though, even though the pulseaudio problems were supposedly fixed in CrossOver Games 9.0. It sounds a bit like a delay pedal.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVWdON3pmdFZOVWtoRjVQYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9