The Temple of Elemental Evil Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fires/Lights Flickering Off Since CrossOver 9.0

After installing CrossOver Games 9.0 the fires, lamps and similar light effects have been rapidly flickering off and on.

The lighting effects worked fine prior to the update of CrossOver Games.

The 9.1 update has fixed a lot of random graphical glitches for me, many of which had popped up in the CX Games 9.0 release. Are you still experiencing the flickering issue after updating?

I just tested out the GOG.com version on 9.1 and I'm seeing the same flickering mentioned here.

I downloaded the game from GOG as well, and am also experiencing the flickering issue. I have CXG 9.1, too.

When I was looking into this for myself, I saw over on Cedega's forums that they had solved it by turning off vertex shaders in Cedega. Until a better solution presents itself, how would we do that in CXG?

Same problem here with the GOG release.

Same problem here. Please fix?

Also wanted to note that widescreen resolutions are crashing for me (which I will make another thread for but wanted to mention in case it's relevant), and that disabling vertex and pixel shaders in winecfg and setting the renderer to OpenGL in the registry for the TOEE bottle did not help with either problem.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicjNMWU1OenVkTW5hVkVVWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9