The Temple of Elemental Evil Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Setting widescreen resolutions in toee.cfg causes crash on load

Widescreen resolutions (reported to work previously by other users) crash TOEE/C08 on my installation.
Currently running CXG 9.1 and the GOG version of TOEE (with the C08 modpack installed over it via CXG.)

Hi,

This really won't mean very much unless you tell us what
platform/OS{version}/videocard you have 8)

Cheers!

2.83 quad core intel Mac, OS X 10.6.4, 8GB RAM, 2x 8800GTS 512MB. Three displays. Running the game with a few issues on the center display (an HP ZR24W, which has one of the GPUs to itself) at 1280x1024 (looks like it's being scaled to fullscreen native @ 1920x1200?)

I've tried setting the renderer to both GDI and opengl. Crashes either way with widescreen resolutions.

Note also that I'm experiencing the same problems with lighting and smoke effects flickering that other users have reported, and TFE-X is having some issues running under CXG. (I'll seek help for the TFE-X problem in another thread, but thought it deserved mention.)

I'm reporting this as it is an annoyance, but the flickering thing with lights and smoke (as well as the frontend issues) are probably more urgent as they are likely to be more universal problems. The flickering appears to be causing considerable lag for me (unless it's actually coming from something involving the above.)

OK - resolutions up to 1680x1050 will work for me with a same-sized virtual desktop (i.e. windowed mode) so I'm guessing this has something to do with my display setup. At 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 some issues crop up on both CXG and native Windows, so it seems (as mentioned by others) those are to be avoided anyway.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEw4UzlRczRCdjJrY2hBYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9