The Witcher Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Lines from characters and missing hp line

I have a MBP13.3 w/9400M and 8gb ram.

Latest snow leopard and latest public version of crossover. Graphics set to low.

I've gone through every setting in the book, but am unable to reliably make the witcher work. The missing hp line is annoying but not the end of the world, but the long lines from all characters is a real problem. There is no consistent way to get rid of it. I've tried all of the different options, opengl, gdi, using the real gdi dll, fbo, backbuffer, readtex, textex, auto etc.

The setup that sometimes works is opengl, textex, fbo and the rest of the good stuff enabled. Start it up, sometimes it works, sometimes it fails and does those stupid lines across the screen from my character and all npcs. Once I start it up and it is working, it will stay working for that entire session, but it might take 20-30 times to get it working.

Witcher is the directors cut from Steam, so it is fully up to date.

Frame rate is ok for the most part, but it will randomly drop very low. Doesn't seem to require a lot of on screen activity, just moving around. Acts like it is taking time to load data and stutters for 2 seconds, then 4-5 seconds it runs 20+fps (estimating).

I don't know if I am missing anything here.

Any ideas?

Is this one of the macbooks that has automatic switching video? Have you "locked" the video into one mode or another? Do you have screenshot of what you mean by lines, etc? I'm not sure I've tripped across that before.

The HP bar I don't have a fix for and I gave up trying to figure it out ages ago.

Nope, 13" is 9400M only.

It is the randomness that bothers me. The slowness is annoying, especially when trying to run around, but I can normally deal with it. The eyeball lines requiring quitting and restarting drives me nuts. I think this was described in a few other posts, from the characters portions of the textures will form lines off into the distance. I dont have a screenshot though, I'll try to take one later.

As for the hitpoint/tox lines, ever notice how sometimes the loading screens bar on the bottom just stays red rather than grows? Same thing for the drag bar on the advanced options. I wonder if they are related.

I have no idea what logs to start to look at what the issue might be though.

Picture of what the lines look like.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ0VNQVJua3pFWVk0Q0ttTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9