The Witcher Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"Warp lines" off character and others?

When I opened my save game in Witcher today I noticed that my character has "warp lines" coming out of him:

These also surround some other monsters etc, making it pretty unplayable. This is the first time that I have seen this -- has anyone else had this issue?

I ended up fixing this by changing the screen resolution in the game settings down to something lower and then back up to my native resolution.

AFAIK this is related to the invisible character bug, which has been fixed in Wine for a while but I don't think the fix is in CrossOver yet. Anyway in case you want to try it the fix needs a registry key to be set: HKCU/Software/Wine/Direct3D/CheckFloatConstants = "enabled"

Thanks Adam.

I have updated to CX 16 and reinstalled with the new crosstie, which appears to have this registry fix setup.

As per my post here, I think that CX16 has this fix included.

I will post if I see this again.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTWU3WXpFdFltcVQ1Y1FFZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9