The Witcher Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trees painting through walls and people...

I successfully got this up and running in CW Game 8.0 on a Mac Pro with an ATI4870. I did an install from the Enhanced addition, and copied the 1.5 version over from my windows partition.

I have one issue that is plaguing me, the trees are painting through walls and people and aything else they are near. I have messed with the OffscreenRenderMode to backbuffer and fbo, scaling the view far near in the game also tried. Niether of those made a difference other then backbuffer made the game run terrible. Any other suggestions?

Set useGLSL=disable and the trees paint correctly now, so it is a pixelshader version issue?. In fact game is pretty playable now. Only issue I really have is there is a glitch in graphics where everyones right hand has a line attaching them to the ground. Any clue on that?

I also submitted a screenshot. It's labled as linux, but obviously a Mac desktop in the pic. Game locks up occasionally, but it does the same to me on windows.

For those people with an early-2009 Mac Pro (Nehalem) with an ATI 4800 graphic card, here are more detailed instructions for CrossOver Games (Version 8) -- you will need to modify the file user.reg located at

~/Users/[HOME]/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/winxp/user.reg

Within user.reg, there will need to be two lines in the following order:

[Software\Wine\Direct3D] 1254687807
"UseGLSL"="disabled"

Disabling UseGLSL is what makes the tree issue go away, but there is still no red bar for vitality (upper left-hand corner of screen), which is critical for playing an advanced game, since you need to rest or drink magic prior to running out of vitality (or else you die). There is a visible line drawn on the right hand of Geralt the Witcher (like a marionette), but the vitality red bar is the most important problem I see at this point. In the advanced game options inside the Witcher game, I had to turn down "Anisotropic Filtering" to "1X" to avoid the game crashing, but everything else can be turned up to the maximum (e.g., super detailed maxed out is okay) -- out of the box, the antialiasing option is disabled. This took me many hours to figure out, so I hope this forum entry saves everyone else a lot of time (and that it attracts someone smarter than me). Please post a solution for the red vitality bar if one is found.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1licmR5TFVxVExrWWNScyIsImdkcHIiOjB9