Thief 3: Deadly Shadows Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problems installing and running the game

I'm experiencing some strange behaviour with this game (retail dvd version)

a) When the game is installing, there is no mouse pointer; only the keyboard can be used
b) The above issue affects the system preventing user to select any windows (as if mouse click was disabled)
c) The game doesn't finish installing - even if the main windows dissapears, crossover install window doesn't get back to standard state (crossover process must be "killed")
d) The game won't start (only tested on intel hd4000 for now).

Crossover version 13.1.2. Platfrom: Linux Distro: Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit

Any ideas? Suggestions? Hints?

Thanks

Łukasz

To install you may want to enable the emulated desktop mode. Some of the old installers have the stupid habit of going fullscreen and I guess something weird happens with the window focus... Installshield is known to have issues when run on wine, is that what this title uses?

http://wiki.winehq.org/InstallShield

The crosstie is designed to work with the GoG DRM-free and the GamersGate versions. Paul had the GG version, I have the GoG version.

So yeah, my strong recommendation is the GoG version + the widescreen mod (which also has a crosstie)

Thanks Silviu - That' solved my problem. I'm running the game now with unofficial patch applied. Ranking has been updated to gold.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieGhYSmZBWjl6czJtNmR2TCIsImdkcHIiOjB9