Thief 3: Deadly Shadows Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GUI fonts don't draw, mouse won't rotate completely.

I can get the game to run, but there are some problems. The main issue is that the GUI fonts do not draw completely, making menu navigation and altering the default settings very difficult (see my screenshot). Once you get past them, however, you can "play" the game.

The second issue is a big one. For some reason, the mouse will not rotate your field of vision past 360 degrees. After one complete turn it stops and you cannot turn anymore. You have to rotate back the other way. Pretty hard to play this way, so while I say the game will run, and you could play it, it's not really playable in the truest sense.

I can confirm all the above (Crossover Games on OSX 10.5). The mouse should stay invisibly at the center of the screen, as with usual games. Am I right assuming that this is a minor fix?

These bugs are the same in CrossOver Games 8.0 running Snow Leopard.

EDIT - In COG 8.1.3 as well, running 10.6.2 Mac OS.

The mouse rotation problem can be improved by opening the 'default.ini' file and changing the 'MouseLagThreshhold=75' to 0, and the 'MouseSensitivity=50' to 250.

This does not eliminate the problem, but does give you more than 360 degrees of rotation.

Menus, books and notes are visible using Crossover Games 8.2.0.

The same with crossover games 8.1.4 and OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2

At some point during the COG 9 betas the fonts started drawing properly and still do in the supported COG 9.0 release.

The mouse rotation is still an issue, and while I did find the utility linked below to be a partial solution, it causes a slight stutter when turning would normally stop. Better than nothing.

http://wraparound.en.softonic.com/mac

With respect to the mouse, there's a new registry hack available in CrossOver Games 9 that you might try. There's now a "force_edge" value for the MouseWarpOverride setting.

Using regedit, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/something.exe/DirectInput. For each key along that path which doesn't exist, create it by selecting its parent and doing Edit > New > Key. For "something.exe", you need to use the actual name of the .exe program file for Thief: Deadly Shadows.

Once you have selected the DirectInput key, use Edit > New > String Value. Name the new value MouseWarpOverride. Give it the value "force_edge" (without the quotes).

Try T:DS and see if the mouse behaves any better.

The "force_edge" mouse trick worked here on CXG9.0.0/Linux.

Worked fine for me as well (CXG9.1.0/Mac OS X, Snow Leopard). Pay attention to use "T3Main.exe" and not "t3.exe".

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia3FuaExKeUxxSFZNc0dNTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9