Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Testing Titan Quest on a Macbook Pro running Leopard.

Installing Titan Quest:

Win2000 Bottle
Choose installer File -> tq -> setup.exe

It takes a while to install.....

I said yes to InstallXfire for multiplayer chat etc, but that failed to install: "Installation failed. c:\windows\system32\MSVCRT.DLL is not present. Please install this dll before installing Xfire."

It then went back to the install screen and I finished installing the game.

The game started and I was able to watch the intro. But when the intro finished the screen went black. The mouse icon froze, but I could see it on the screen. I was not able to do anything. I did a apple-q and the program excited.

I started the game again Intro went fine, but the screen went black where it stopped. Same as last time.

I forgot to mention that the sound works. After the intro the sound continues on into the next stage of the game, where one creates the character. I also noticed that when the screen becomes black after the intro, and the next stage sound continues, the mouse is not there for a while, but after pressing ctrl-apple-esc it might become visible. It did so some of the time. I appled-q out of the program.

A couple of things you can try:

After the intro, when you're at the black screen, you can type Command-Option-Shift-R. That forces CrossOver to switch out of full-screen mode. It's possible that the game window is being displayed but is for some reason hidden behind the black shielding window of the OS's display capture APIs.

If the window shows up after you do that, but it's still black, try fiddling with Exposé or dragging other windows on top of it and away.

Lastly, you can try using the winecfg control panel to configure the bottle to use a virtual desktop window.

Thank you Ken!

I dragged windows across the Titan Quest window - no difference.
I configured Winecfg to a virtual desktop window 800x600 - no difference.

I downloaded the newest nightly build. THQ logo comes up and when the intro starts I get weird stripes. (window mode) The stripes make me think of looking down at the pavement while driving really fast. Speed stripes. The game suddenly quits on me. Well something changed atleast. Before the intro looked normal and now there are stripes. Still no character creation screen though.

How do I get from window back to full screen?

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Hmm. Unfortunately, the lack of positive results means I have no better idea what's going wrong. Seems like a game which CrossOver just can't run at this time. 😥

How do I get from window back to full screen?

If you mean after pressing Command-Option-Shift-R, there's no real way. That command is meant as an "escape hatch" when things go wrong. It's not a full-fledged feature to switch back and forth between windowed and full-screen modes.

If you mean you used winecfg to set your bottle to use a virtual desktop window, you reverse it by going into winecfg again and unchecking that option.

Lastly, please keep discussion of nightly builds to the advocates' forums. Thanks.

Thank you very much for your followup Ken!
I really appreciate that!

I will keep testing and report my finds on the Advocate forums.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiblZCQ0s5QXlodVM5YjRBQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9