Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Keyboard input does not register

The keyboard input does not appear to register at all on Crossover Games 8.1.4 on OSX 10.6.2. This makes character creation impossible. All other things appear to run as the previous versions appeared to. There is texture problems on the main menu, but the intro runs fine.

Note this was a steam version so installation was no issue.

I just installed the expansion Immortal Throne and now the keyboard works and with all the graphics set to the lowest it runs fine except the character models do not render and some objects have rendering issues.

My fix for this is to go into options and turn off something that makes it reload, such as V-Sync or Antialiasing. After it reloads this normally fixes the issue, if it doesn't, I've never had to reload it more than 3 times without it working. Annoying, but it is what it is

I did the same thing, if there was only a way for the characters to load, its so annoying, makes the game unplayable.

Hi,

There's a bit of info about this title over at WineHQ...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=12946

Of particular note, are the registry key additions -- those keys all
affect graphics rendering -- perhaps they will help with characters
and other graphics issues...worth a try...

Cheers!

I'm having the same keyboard problem. Tried the thing with the Community Overlay disabling. Installed the expansion. Still can't type in the character generation field or server name. It doesn't have a problem with the arrow keys or delete key and when I went to try and change key bindings it saw my keyboard just fine. It only has problems with adding characters to the field. Any idea how to fix this?

Alan Holloway wrote:

I'm having the same keyboard problem. Tried the thing with the
Community Overlay disabling. Installed the expansion. Still can't
type in the character generation field or server name. It doesn't
have a problem with the arrow keys or delete key and when I went to
try and change key bindings it saw my keyboard just fine. It only
has problems with adding characters to the field. Any idea how to
fix this?

I've got the exact same problem... Do you think it's the version of CrossOver that's the problem?

Glad to find that I'm not alone here (not that I enjoy your all's suffering or anything...) I find it interesting that I have never had this problem before I re-installed crossover games (currently version 9.1 until I re-purchase.) and that this thread is fairly new. This leads me to believe it is not, at least not solely, a crossover version issue. Steam version issue then? That is the only thing that has changed since the last time I played. I have tried all the tips given here, and those I could find elsewhere. I have actually gotten it running better than before (no texture corrupts, texture loading issues) but I can only use the one character I had saved. Interestingly enough, key input works fine once I load a character and start the game.

I suppose someone could upload a blank slate male and female character somewhere as a workaround. I would be more than willing to do so if you feel like playing a level 10 defender/spirit character...

Hmmm... i'd like to be another class, but how do you upload characters?

btw, if I play titan quest on another computer with the same steam account, would the character be saved on steam or on the computer?

You would need to upload the character folder to a file sharing site if you do not have access to your own web space to upload it. Save the folder here:

/Users/yourusername/Documents/My Games/Titan Quest or Titan Quest - Immortal Throne/SaveData/Main

Here is my character. It's the best I can do until I can find a way to create a new one:

http://www.4shared.com/file/HiaxTnos/_Wodran.html

I did some digging around and found that the characters are linked to your cd key, so basically scratch everything I said before... Sorry. Would still love to find a fix for this issue. I'm into act 2 now, and I try to create a new character every time I start up, with no success.

Hi! I've now tried the game again with the newest version of Crossover and IT WORKS! :D

the keyboard works fine when you name your Character :)

i've got some problems with the graphics, but it works fine to play. when the world turns black, you can go to the options menu and click the "advanced effects" to load again, and it will work. If you get a problem that you can't see the monsters, just change the detail quality, and the monsters reveals themselves :)

I've got an old Macbook white 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo prosessor
2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.6.8

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQWU5Zk5lUk5hQm1jYmh5eCIsImdkcHIiOjB9