TOAD for Oracle by Quest Software Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GUIDE: How to install TOAD 10.6 in Crossover 9.2 on OS X

1) Install TOAD as unsupported application, the installer runs slow but will finish.

2) Install Oracle Instant Client in the very same bottle where TOAD is installed.

Just manual unzip the instant client files from the OSX environment, but in the TOAD bottles environment i.e.
From the Crossover menu: Configure - Manage Bottles - Advanced - Open C drive in finder

My Instant client is placed here:

/Users/doerge/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/TOAD/drive_c/instantclient_11_2

PS! The thick Oracle 11.2 client won't install.

3) Configure the Oracle environment in the section [EnvironmentVariables] of file cxbottle.conf with a text editor

My conf file is placed here:

/Users/doerge/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/TOAD/cxbottle.conf

My environment looks like this:

[EnvironmentVariables]
LD_LIBRARY_PATH = c:\instantclient_11_2\oracle\bin
ORACLE_HOME = c:\instantclient_11_2\oracle
ORACLE_HOME_NAME = c:\instantclient_11_2\oracle
SQL_PATH = c:\instantclient_11_2\oracle
TNS_ADMIN = c:\instantclient_11_2\oracle\network\admin
NLS_LANG=DANISH_DENMARK.UTF8
NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE = DANISH
NLS_DATE_FORMAT = DD-MM-RRRR

The last 3 lines is specific for danish language and date format support and has to be replace with parameters for your country.

3) Put your ORACLE_HOME in the registry database:

From the Crossover menu: Configure - Manage Bottles - Control Panel - Task Manager

From the Task Manager: File - New Task(Run...)

write "regedit" and hit the OK button

in the registry editor you add a ORACLE_HOME key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle
name = ORACLE_HOME
value = c:\instantclient_11_2\oracle

Now everything should be settled and you are ready to use TOAD on your Mac.

Not everything works crisp and it is slow to switch between windows but is lightweight. The alternative is to run it in a full virtual windows environment like VMware Fusion or Parallels that both does the job but consumes a lot of CPU and memory.

Hi,

thank you for this howto.

I'm also exploring the toad into crossover integration right now. However, I'm only running an old Toad 8.6 successfully.

Following your steps, I'm struggling at the first point:

Per Doerge wrote:

1) Install TOAD as unsupported application, the installer runs slow
but will finish.

On OSX Lion with the current CrossOver Version 10.1.1 (10.1.1), the TOAD 10.6 Installer starts but after the license agreements it stops with "Unable to access installation files". Installers prior 10.6 works, but not Toad. (Well, that's another point.)

Did you not had this problems when installing the bottle?

See screenshot: http://cl.ly/280a1S0X0S401H1c3i1T

There's a blog on Quest's community documenting how to get Toad for Oracle 11.0 running on CrossOver 11.0.3: http://toadworld.com/Blogs/tabid/67/EntryId/884/Run-Toad-for-Oracle-on-Mac-OS-X.aspx

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRlJ4VkZjeDJuRXdja3J2QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9