TortoiseSVN Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TortoiseProc works in CxOffice

I do have TortoiseProc working (the repo browser and history browser).

While it's true that TortoiseSVN is a Windows shell extension, and that pretty much rules out using it for management of working copies, it is also still true that it has the best repo browser for SVN on any platform (imho). So if you do a lot of branching and merging or examining side-by-side diffs, TortoiseProc is the best tool available.

I installed the production release TortoiseSVN (version 1.6.15 32-bit) on an XP bottle, and learned the command line for TortoiseProc, which is just this:

c:\program files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe '/command:repobrowser /path:svn://myserver/myrep/trunk/myproject'

(Note: I'm not a CxOffice wiz... I had to put single quotes around the param list in the Run... dialog. In Windows, that isn't needed)

From there, it works pretty well. There are some screen artifacts, and the URL edit control doesn't work, but most things are fine.

Les,
I'm glad you go it running. I don't use svn yet (so can't test your command line) but I've heard a lot of good things about TortoiseSVN.

How come the shell extension doesn't work with Wine's file browser?

When I open the Tortoise Merge (which opens normally but I again I can't test it's use), I get an error when I quit it. Do you get one too?

I installed TortoiseSVN 1.7.6 32-bit in a winxp bottle, which completed successfully, and the main "about" dialog opened fine when I launched TortoiseSVN from the the Windows Applications menu. Using the command in the first post for TortoiseProc, I was able to open the repository browser, and it queried me for my username and password for the repository I was visiting. Unfortunately the browser then closed as the TortoiseSVN crash reporter then popped open.

TortoiseMerge worked great and was able to show diffs between two different selected files.

I'm using CrossOver Linux 11.0.0 on Lubuntu 64-bit.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVl3RkpoOEhBV2VBc3JoZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9