Total Annihilation Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TA + Unofficial Patch 3.9.02 - Works on GOG's Wine Implementation but Not Crossover

The original game works great as it is on Crossover. But if you want a load of improvements (importantly higher unit limits and better AI/pathfinding), do play with the patch the modders have made here: https://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43735.

The only issue is that their installer does not work on Wine. You need to "copy" the installation (the program files) after patching from a Windows machine to Mac/Linux program that uses Wine. However, it only works with gog.com's Wine implementation on Mac, not Crossover's implementation of Wine, which crashes after the introduction video... After patching, some minor isues are flickering occasionally (resolves with switching from windowed-full screen).

I wonder if others have found success in getting it to play on Crossover.

Not posting this to support yet as the patch is unofficial (the game was made in 1997!)

I'm curious whether it works on upstream Wine. That is, did GOG fix something in their Wine build, or did we break something?

It doesn't work on direct Wine. I've filled up a bug report. It seems that it's using Wineskin employing Wine 1.9.1.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWnp6WkpBc1J4TGJaV0JBdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9