Total Annihilation Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GOG Version Works (CXG 9.1)

After installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package in the CrossOver Games Software Installer as per Chase Cavenaugh's tip, TA works perfectly. The game does however put up an error message about DirectX version incompatibilities (installing the latest version of DirectX in the Software Installer doesn't resolve this), but I've not run into any other problems so far.

Note that I've only tested out the first few missions of the Core and Arm campaigns and I've not tested out multiplayer.

On a Mid-2007 MacBook (2 Ghz C2D/2GB RAM/GMA950/10.5.8) the game gets a little sluggish at 1280 x 800 resolution; I currently play at 1024 x 768.

Edit: I used a Windows XP bottle for this install, as the VC++ 2008 package won't install in a Windows 98 bottle.

Hi,

Could you expound a little on the DirectX version error? What
exactly is the error message complaining about?

Cheers!

I ran into the same DirectX error message when I started TA. It says that the DirectX version installed may not function properly with Total Annihilation and that I should install the version on the Total Annihilation CD. However, it didn't seem to have any effect on gameplay. I can confirm that campaigns and skirmish work fine. No word on multiplayer, however.

Ahh...okay, it just doesn't recognize our own builtin directx
targets...that's not so bad.. 8)

Cheers!

Just as a quick FYI, this game continues to work well in CX11, except that under 10.7, a virtual desktop needs to be enabled or else the screen will become garbled.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidUx5ZGhwSFZndFF2dG5DUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9