Trials 2 Second Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does not get past launcher screen

Trials 2 is a DX9 game, so I had to enable the DX9 trick to get it past it's hardware check, otherwise it just complains about the hardware not being enough. It then brings up a simple settings screen with graphic and audio options. I can get that far, but after hitting the Start button to play nothing happens. I saw a wine process churn up the CPU for a short time but otherwise nothing happens, no window, sound, no indication that it was ever opened.

This may be related to my hardware, a Mac mini with GMA950, the game works fine in Windows at least. I have no other hardware to test it out on unfortunately, hopefully it works on better stuff.

On 7.whatever with a 9400M Mac mini I got the same result.

However on GX Games 8.0 (running on OS X 10.6) it appears to be running fine on the low and very low graphical setting, normal only shows the text but none of the actual game graphics. Haven't tested out the old GMA950 mini though.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU2hoeDU0cG1FQ3lLd3RIYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9