Tron 2.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Got this working eventually on CG 9.2 - Mac OS X 10.6.4

I installed the game into a new XP bottle - fortunately I have two DVD drives so that got round the problem of changing the discs during installation. Once installed I ran the fan produced unofficial 1.042 updater. It was also necessary to add mscvirt.dll to the /Window/system32/ folder replacing the existing one. This is the same file required for NOLF2 which uses a version of the same engine.

To improve the game further the KA mod is worth installing. This will only install when patched to the unofficial 1.042 version and when the game has been run at least once. It add lots of improvement especially widescreen support (http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2010/04/tron-20-killer-app-mod-v11-released.html).

One thing to watch is that save games from before installing the mod will crash the game badly - so badly that I needed to force quit CG as it couldn't force quit the bottle. To avoid this remove any old saves from the save folder and start fresh with the mod installed.

The only remaining issue is with the mouse - it works fine in the menus and does work in game but it judders around the centre position but then gets smoother after that. This makes the game harder to play.

Hello.

I am an extreme newbie when it comes to using an emulator, so please keep that in mind as you read this.

I recently learned that TRON 2.0 could be installed on an Intel Mac if using the PC software and an emulator like CrossOver. I had previously purchased CrossOver Professional v8 and that came with CrossOver Games v8. I have a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro with 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Graphics. I am running Mac OS 10.6.5.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I was able to install the PC version of TRON 2.0 without any problem, but whenever I click on "Play" it asks me to load CD1 even though the CD is in the optical drive. How do I get TRON 2.0 to run with all of the files on the hard drive so I don't need to have the CDs loaded (which doesn't seem to be working anyways)?

2. I have downloaded both the Official 1.042 Update and the Unofficial 1.042 Update, but I get this error when trying to install either one: "CrossOver Games[26860] Task error output: wine: could not load L"Y:\Downloads\tron-update_v1x042cxp.exe": Bad EXE format for
    winewrapper.exe:error: cannot execute L"Y:\Downloads\tron-update_v1x042cxp.exe"" What does this mean and how do I get the update to install?

From reading the TRON 2.0 News Website and the Porting Team Forum I can tell that this is supposed to be possible, but due to my newbieness I cannot figure it out.

I appreciate any help that you can provide. If there is a simple step-by-step instruction list posted somewhere online that you could direct me to that would be great.

Thank you.

-Derek

An Update:

I decided to try reinstalling the TRON 2.0 application and it is behaving better this time. I was able to install the application and install the 1.042 update and the application now recognizes when the CD is in the drive. So, all is behaving as it should now. I don't know why it wasn't behaving before.

Thank you.

I installed the unofficial killer app Mod which allows widescreen and the game itself runs OK but there are issues for me with the mouse which is very erratic. None of the usual mouse fixes seam to work either.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUVQ0SzNxZUZoN2VKQktoWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9