Unity Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Just Tested Unity

I just tried to install Unity on Ubuntu Linux 9.10. The installation went wonderfully, and it installed without a hitch. Unfortunately, Unity isn't coming up at all. The application isn't launching.

Using the latest nightly build of wine, I can get it to load the license screen and manually read the license file (internet activation doesn't work), but after the application loads then there is basically a see through window with a working menubar at the top, which is really odd.

By the way, on the ranking it says that I tested it with 8.14. That is incorrect. I was using Crossover Pro 9.00. Even though crossover pro 9 has been released, the database doesn't have the option to select 9.00 for the rank yet.

Crossover Games would be better suited for this than Crossover Pro.

I'll see if I can give it a shot later.

I have cross over games and installed Unity 3 - I also own it so I entered serial and registration worked perfectly.
So Installation is more or less 100%

Now opening Unity 3, you have to create or open a project.. Unfortuantly creating a project results in an error that states the directory already exist. But opening a project works perfectly!

The main window has initial redraw issues but after resizing it, the main window works perfectly. It is very responsive.
However when playing a game, the game panel does not capture the mouse correctly..however keyboard works fine.

The next issue is preferences panels and build settings windows ... they do not draw properly and because they cannot be resized there seems no way to redraw... clicking on them causes Unity to crash.
Up to this point I couldnt find much else wrong.

I also notice that the window doesn't appear in ubuntu's window list,
it does however appear as an icon in the bottom left corner.

So in summary more or less everything works except;

• Creating projects fails
  • Windows do not redraw properly at first, especially preferences and build settings.
  • Game panel does not capture mouse properly.
  • Desktop Icon in bottom left instead of Window Manager window?

Edit: Im running Ubuntu 10.10, Crossover Games 9.2.1 and in process of putting down a pledge for this.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU1BDdVlGVTZ6dnNWRTJRdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9