Unreal Tournament 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

UT2004 for Windows under Crossover Mac

Just a few issues but otherwise the application runs very smoothly. Only 1024x768 and 800x600 are listed as useable resolutions but I didn't try editing the UT2004.ini to go higher. Changing resolutions from within the game often results in a fatal UT engine error.

All settings are turned on, pixel shaders and vertex shaders running in hardware. Driver emulation checkbox in winecfg > Audio is a must for good sound.

TURN OFF THE PROJECTORS OPTION otherwise the video will look torn and combed whenever a player or vehicle enters the field of view.

If I try the Mactel version of the game I will relate performance differences.

UT2004 Version: 3369
CrossOver Version: Mac 6.0.0

Still runs well graphically in CrossOver Games Mac 7.0.0. Only real problem is the limitation of mouse movement (possibly need to change a mouse viewport setting in the UT2004.ini) and the need to uncheck "Allow window manager to manage windows" under winecfg > Graphics. Still have an issue when Projectors are turned on.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUjdGcFFMOGZIWlZZaHFnSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9