Unreal Tournament 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

UT 2004 / UT 2003

I have an old windows version of UT2003 left over from before I switched to mac. I only had two real problems getting it to run under crossover games 8.0.

First: the mouse doesn't seem synchonized with the screen. I haven't found a solution to this except to reconfigure the controls in the game to use the keypad etc. for moving and looking.

Second: I could see my weapon and a few HUD displays, but not the actual arena. Here's what I did to solve the problem:
On the crossover games menu, go to Configure, then select 'Manage Bottles'. Alternately, you can go to the 'manage bottles' link next to the wine bottle on the crossover screen. In the bottle manager, select the bottle where you keep UT2004 (or in my case 2003), go to 'control panel' and select 'winecfg' and then click 'launch selected item'. Go to the graphics tab and UNCHECK the box that says 'allow pixel shader (if supported by hardware)'. I was then able to see the graphics in UT2003 and play the game. I don't know how different 2003 and 2004 are, but hopefully this will help someone if they run into the same problem and come here looking for a solution.

Hi crispy,

since I do not have a Mac I can only comment on crossover under Linux.
CX games 8.1 makes UT2004 (I have the Unreal Anthology DVD) run fine without any graphic issues or mouse issues.

Those mouse issues are not really a new thing and also occured in Blood 2 - The Choosen. An entry in the WinApp DB describes it and provides a patch.

Have a look here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=5444
For the problem of mouse "escape" of the window (bug ID 6971) ...
I had to compile the source, applying the patch.
Those of you beard to do so (and I understand), I was able to isolate the file you need to replace.
I give the procedure for Ubuntu with installation of wine via a deb package.

I have to crosscheck with the latest version of wine if this issue is fixed in the main branch now.

Cheers,
Holger

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMzhXTHZWU0I4UHU1Q004SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9