Unreal Tournament 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game doesn't find play disc

Hi there

I have successfully installed the game, but when i insert the play disc and start UT2004 via Crossover Games < Programs then he is unable to find the disc. I have the original cd's so this shouldn't be a problem.

Also, if i open the disc via finder and click on Autorun.exe crossover Games does nothing..

Should you have any idea how to fix this problem?

Hi Empi,

I haven't played with UT2k4 for some time, but from memory, I think you are going to have to install some free & very worthwhile game upgrades.

In so doing, you gain the ability to not need to use a play disk, as the game dev's/distribution company, eventually dropped that.

It won't be hard to find the patches on the official site & elsewhere.

Good luck, it's a great game. :)

P.S.

If you have further problems after doing that, when you post next time, please give details such as Mac/Linux Mac model, graphic card, CPU, RAM, as it will help whoever is looking at the problem.

P.S.S.

I expect you are on a Mac, as you can install the game directly into Linux with install.sh (I think that is the name of the file, & it is usually found on the 2nd disk, again from memory)

Thx handy, i've updated my game and it runs very well online! I thank you :)

BUT, i'm getting soundproblems when i'm starting an 'instant action' game, seconds after the game loads my sound is gone. And it stays gone until i restart the game. It happens in Assault, Onslaught, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch (not deathmatch), etc
And when i shut down the game, UT still stays activated in the dock, until this message comes up:

UT2004 Build UT2004Build[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2394 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (8618)

General protection fault!

History: UALAudioSubsystem::Shutdown <- UALAudioSubsystem::Destroy <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (ALAudioSubsystem Package.ALAudioSubsystem) <- DispatchDestroy <- (28654: ALAudioSubsystem Package.ALAudioSubsystem Class ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem) <- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::PurgeGarbage <- UObject::StaticExit <- appPreExit <- FMallocWindows::Free

Specs:

Macbook Pro leopard 10.5.8
2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
GeForce 8600M GT
4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Still no reply.. :)

Hi empi,

Empi wrote:

Still no reply.. :)

May be because no one has a clue ? ;)

Ok, all kiddin aside I do not own a Mac.
All my amd64 systems run Debian based Linux distis (Sidux / Ubuntu 9.04 x64).
Your sound issues indicate that something with the OpenAL access fails. I have no issues with Sound on both machines when running the Windows version of UT2k4 under Wine or Codeweavers WINE flavours.

Under Linux I use ALSA as sound system. Unfortunally I can not comment on MacOS.
May be some other Mac user can help out ?

Cheers,
Holger

Install patch 3369 and you will no longer need the game cd

http://download.gamestar.de/public/13500/13517/ut2004-winpatch3369.exe

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVhiUldRY1p5QTJiOVhRWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9