Unreal Tournament Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works well on Mac CXG 10.3

Things seem to have improved considerably with Unreal Tournament under CXG 10.3 on Mac OS X. My observations:

1) On newer gfx hardware (e.g. the GeForce 320M on my 2010 11.6" MacBook Air (10.6.8)) the game runs perfectly well under DirectX with DirectX 9 installed in the bottle; the game won't work well on video settings beyond the standard defaults otherwise. The game also runs well using the enhanced DX9 renderer available here. The unofficial 451b patch available at utpg also works as well.

2) On older gfx hardware (e.g. GMA 950 on my mid-2006 MacBook (10.6.8)) the game won't run using the DirectX renderer, either with or without DX9 and the enhanced DX9 renderer installed; it will only run using the experimental OpenGL renderer. The game does run well using the enhanced OpenGL renderer also available here.

Under both circumstances, the mouse lag issues I observed when playing under CXG 8.x seem to be gone.

tl;dr version - on older hardware like MacBooks using the GMA 950, use the OpenGL renderer with Chris Donhal's enhanced OpenGL renderer on the site linked above; on newer hardware, installing DirectX 9 and using the Donhal's enhanced DX9 renderer (also linked above) is recommended. I haven't had the chance to test this on other newer hardware gfx configs, so caveat emptor.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRjNXUUxROWVYR2FRZjRIViIsImdkcHIiOjB9