Unreal Tournament Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unreal Tournament running

I was able to get the original UT, circa 1999, running. The install ran successfully. I as able to upgrade the base install to version 436, but I have yet to be able to get a umod to install. I also found that I have to run it in safe mode, which gives me an 800x600 window, and not full screen. But, still, it's running.

I am am going to change it over to software rendering, in hopes of getting full screen. I am also going to see if I can play on-line.

1) I was able to chage the screen size by dragging the lower right corner of the game window. Mine is running at 1006x773, an odd resolution of I ever saw it, but, the game runs smoothly.

2) Networking is good. I was able to connect to several servers in the internet.

3) Sound started working with the adjusted video.

4) Voice taunts (hitting the V key during game play) don't seem to work. The taunt menu slides out and back in again.

5) Weapon scrolling via mouse wheel doesn't seem to work, either.

The last thing I want to work on is getting umods to install. I need to research that...

On the whole, I think the game is quite playable.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOUFabXBjOTlabmdjcU1yVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9