Unreal Tournament Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Stupid X11 title bar

I read another thread from a year ago talking about how there was work being done to hide the x11 title bar when UT is in full screen, but it's still doing it.

Can we still expect this to happen and if so, when?

I have also bugged various devs around the office about this, but the answer I always get is that is is a hard issue to fix. This seems to be because of how UT creates the initial window. IIRC, It does it in a way that X11 does not allow a second change to the window. Apparently once you create a window in X, you can't change some of the properties. Windows allows this. I'm sure one of the developers will correct me if my understanding is wrong here.

So to answer your ETA question, I would not expect a fix anytime in the near future.

Actually it is a limitation in quartz_wm, or MacOS itself. X11(on Linux) can change the title bar just fine.

Of course there can be different problems that lead to the same symptoms.

There's a crude workaround. You can disable all window manager decorations for a given bottle using the winecfg control panel. On winecfg's Graphics tab, disable "Allow the window manager to decorate the windows". You may also need to disable "Allow the window manager to control the windows" too; I don't remember.

This can cause negative side effects, but you may find the benefits outweigh the problems for your particular use.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWW1MSld5NHNBclpzWlZKUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9