Unreal Tournament Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unreal Tournament in Linux
Anonymous

There's no need for CrossOver Office to support this unless its for the purpose of Direct3D graphics (I don't even know if they're planning on supporting that or already do?). Just go to Google and search for the terms loki, unreal tournament, and linux. There are several mirrors available.

Anonymous

Versions Unreal Tournament 2003 and 2004 come with a Linux installer on the CD / DVD, so there is no need for Crossover to support this. 3D Graphics is supported, but only for Nvidia Geforce cards. You just need to download and install the latest driver frome their site

I don't think they will support it - but as they improve their product the side-effect is that more and more older games run in Linux.

Having said that, Unreal I rendering looks horrid ... akin to no anti-alias but in a graphical sense. It runs exactly as it is supposed to and seems to have less "story-line" bugs than the ported version.

I got the ported version of the old Unreal I - gameplay is not the best (I am not very good at difficult maps!) - natively the rendering is utterly beautiful; crystal clear and ethereal at parts. Incredible for such an "old" game.

You can't get the same quality when running under Wine at all.

This is a need - for UnrealEd (the map editor). This app is Windows only.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidFRITlZSSndNUnlReGhNcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9